Here you find an overview of the different statements regarding the current situation in the Kurdistan Region. This page will constantly be updated.
- 2017 12 10: KRG Ministry of Peshmerga Statement regarding the speech of Iraqi Premierminister Haider al-Abadi about the military defeat of ISIS in which he did not mention the achievement and support of the Peshmerga who were decisive in the defeat against the Islamic State.
- 2017 12 07: KRG Ministry of Peshmerga Statement regarding the speech of Iraqi Premierminister Haider al-Abadi in which he compared the defeat of the Islamic State with the military action against the Kurds in the disputed areas as response to the Independence Referendum.
- 2017 12 07: KRG Spokesperson Safeen Dizayee responds to the latest press conference of the Iraqi Primeminister Haider Al-Abadi. In this statement border crossings, the flight ban and the political developments are the main topics.
- 2017 11 27: Spokesperson of the KRG, Safeen Dizayee, explained in a statement that all unfair, punitive measures by the Iraqi Federal Government and Parliament against the people and government of the Kurdistan Region taken in reaction to the independence referendum must be lifted.
- 2017 11 14: KRG Statement on Iraqi Federal Supreme Court’s Interpretation of Article 1 of the Constitution. The KRG was always in favor of finding solutions based on the Iraqi constitution.
- 2017 11 05: KRG Council of Ministers’ follow up statement on 2018 draft Federal Budget Bill. The KRG addresses the unconstitutional drafting of Iraq’s federal budget bill 2018 without the participation of the Kurdistan Region.
- 2017 11 02: KRG Council of Ministers statement on Iraq’s 2018 draft federal Budget Bill. The KRG Council of Ministers requests the Federal Iraqi Council of Ministers not to approve the draft bill of Iraq’s 2018 budget without the KRG’s participation.